Hello SimBrief team,
I’m the developer of Vaeroly (https://vaeroly.com), a free crew centre that many virtual airlines share for flight simulation. I emailed an API access request on 5 October to support@simbrief.com, and also to contact@simbrief.com. I sent an earlier Navigation Data request to dev@navigraph.com on 25 September. I know you’re working through a backlog, so this is just a polite follow-up in case it’s easier to pick up here.
What we’d use it for
- A “Generate OFP” button on the pilot’s booking that opens the standard SimBrief window with the flight filled in (airline, flight number, callsign, route, aircraft or the airline’s saved airframe, payload).
- Fetching that plan by its static ID when the pilot finishes, and attaching it to their booking.
- Each pilot signs in with their own SimBrief/Navigraph account. The key stays on our server and requests are signed there.
- We only fetch a plan when the pilot acts (opens the page, returns from SimBrief, or presses Import). We never generate plans automatically and we don’t poll.
What we’re asking for
A v1 API key, or SimBrief API v2 credentials if that’s what you now issue. If it’s v2, could the endpoint documentation come as a link? Other developers here mention the attachment going missing.
Vaeroly is free for pilots and airlines, and Navigraph data is used only for flight simulation. Happy to share more detail or a demo account.
Thank you!
Mohammad