A310 Inibuild - short on fuel

Hi,

Im writing this because I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out why the Simbrief profile for the A310 always give me less fuel than aircraft prediction (and eventual consumption).

I have tried with Simbrief A310 default profile, Inibuild A310 profile and a custom A310 profile. Always the same result, short on fuel.

Yesterday I flew SAEZ/SBPA.

PLANNED FUEL
---------------------------------
FUEL ARPT FUEL TIME
TRIP POA 4815 0107
CONT 15 MIN 1073 0015
ALTN RIA 2245 0029
FINRES 1778 0030
MINIMUM T/OFF FUEL 9911 0221
EXTRA 0 0000
T/OFF FUEL 9911 0221
TAXI EZE 399 0020
BLOCK FUEL EZE 10310
PIC EXTRA .....
TOTAL FUEL .....
REASON FOR PIC EXTRA ............
--------------------------------------------------------------------
FMC INFO:
FINRES+ALTN 4023
TRIP+TAXI 5214
-------------------------------

Fuel prediction on A310 was TRIP 5.7tons, adding up, taxi+finres+altn+cont, was 12tons block

I’m always checking on waypoint: ET, FoB, Fuel consumed and wind.

If I set block fuel as Simbrief prediction: everything match, but I end short 1ton to 1.5tons, if I do a Go Arround, for the time I land, I’m on fumes.

If I set block fuel adding aircraft predictions, usually between +1 and +2 tons. FoB don’t match (compared to Simbrief), ET, fuel consumed and wind match.

I have noticed that the difference between Simbrief and the aircraft prediction increases when Simbrief includes SID and STAR.

Could it be possible that the Simbrief profile is not including the fuel needed to fly the SID and STAR?

thank you in advance

Hi, the iniBuilds A310 profile was provided by them. It’s possible however that they need to adjust it to better match their add-on (I noticed they have not applied any fuel factor to the profile). It is notoriously difficult for developers to match real world fuel burns when developing aircraft in MSFS.

You might see an improvement by setting a Fuel Factor of “P25” in the flight options:

Best regards,

Thank you very much for your response.

I have tested with a P15 for the last couple of days. I flew the same route and the results are consistent:

About 1 ton extra FOB at TOD compared with Simbrief (which means that the fuel consumption during takeoff, climb and cruise is correct and the P15 is not needed), when you land and check, you have arround 1 ton less than Simbrief prediction and aircraft fuel prediction.
EX:
Simbrief flight plan indicates at landing airport, 5tons.
If you check at TOD, aircraft FUEL Prediction says: 6ton.
You check FOB after land: 4tons.

BTW any chance the CI is implemented for the A310? since the AIRBUS CI calculation documentation is public?

best regards

1 Like

Just landed after other test. Now FUEL BIAS P00.0
SACO/SABE

PLANNED FUEL
FUEL ARPT FUEL TIME
TRIP AEP 3839 0049
CONT 5 MIN 389 0005
ALTN ROS 2705 0038
FINRES 1678 0030
MINIMUM T/OFF FUEL 8611 0202
EXTRA 0 0000
T/OFF FUEL 8611 0202
TAXI COR 399 0020
BLOCK FUEL COR 9010
PIC EXTRA .....
TOTAL FUEL .....
REASON FOR PIC EXTRA ............
--------------------------------------------------------------------
FMC INFO:
FINRES+ALTN 4383
TRIP+TAXI 4238
--------------------------------

Aircraft TRIP prediction was 4733. Almost an extra ton.

I checked FOB and FU (and Elapsed time and wind) on each Waypoint and they match ± 0.1

After landing the FOB was 4.0 while Simbrief prediction was 4.8 at SABE