FMS Data Manager fails to detect installed aircraft

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

edwardpat

FMS Data Manager fails to detect installed aircraft

Post by edwardpat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi:
I never update my subscription on a monthly basis, but every 4 to 6 months. I have also preferred the manual installation method for the FMS Data.
The main reason I do that way is that the FMS Data Manager always fails to detect all of the installed aircraft and some other utilities like PFPX and TOPCAT. One example of aircraft not automatically detected is the Maddog X.
Cheers, Ed

Ian

Re: FMS Data Manager fails to detect installed aircraft

Post by Ian » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:45 am

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the update. Make sure you are running the latest FMS Data Manager which detects Fly the Maddog X (P3Dv4.x and above) and TOPCAT.

We shall try to have PFPX detected, but you can manually add in Addon Mappings tab.

Cheers
Ian

shbseed

Post by shbseed » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 am

Hi Ian,
I'm new to FMS, but understand how it works. So I downloaded the lastest FMS version and installed it into the drive where I have Prepared4.5 files. But when I run FMS , it doesn't find any addons mapping. I tried auto and manual adding and it don't work. No addons found as I have plenty installed Aerosoft PMDG Active Sky etc... So what am I doing wrong?

Philip

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:27 am

Hi Philip,

Welcome.

It shouldn't make any difference but to eliminate variables, please uninstall/reinstall FMS Data Manager using the default prompted paths.

On start Prepar3d v5 should be detected. Please agree to Scan and Prepar3d release addons should be detected. If not please check Prepar3d v5 path in Settings tab. Please post screenshot of this path and Addon Mappings tab using Guide to Posting Screenshots.

Cheers
Ian

shbseed

Post by shbseed » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:24 am

Ian, I uninstalled and reinstalled in default preferred path. When I open FMS and go to settings, it just shows under Path, in Prepared3D v4 box, F:\
That is my Solid State Drive where Prepared3D is installed. So it finds the correct drive Path, but still can't find all the Addons Mapping that are also in that same file path. Not sure what to do. Maybe install older FMS version ? I can't purchase a subscription if I'm not even sure FMS will recognize addons.
Philip

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:56 am

Hi Philip,

FMS Data Manager requires a Subscription . The supported addons are listed here. Please click on FMS Data Manual Installation:

FMS Data Manager Manual Installation.jpg

If not sure if an addon is supported please ask.

Cheers
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shbseed

Post by shbseed » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:28 am

Ian, I found what was wrong. I have a network filtering program that runs in background and that is blocking from updating and scanning current FMS updates, so when I switch to unfiltered mode, it finds addons and updates with no problems.
Thanks, Philip

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:48 am

Hi Philip,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Cheers
Ian

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”