where is the step by step install instuctions

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

Tuckster

where is the step by step install instuctions

Post by Tuckster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:38 am

I'm flying a Baron in X Plane using the Garmin 530. I want to use my ipad as I would in my real world cockpit It seems I would download thru my apps on the ipad but where do I download simlinks. I'm a retired comm pilot but when it comes to computers I'm a little old school. I will need step by step instructions..... please

Ian

Re: where is the step by step install instuctions

Post by Ian » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:24 am

Hi,

Simlink is available from Charts Desktop and Simlink

You will need an Ultimate subscription from Subscriptions .

Please see Simlink and Moving Maps - Getting Started Guide and FAQ - Simlink Install and Systray.

Once you have Simlink running on your FS machine, you can access Charts with moving map on a recent iPad.

If you need help please ask and I shall be pleased to help.

Cheers
Ian

Tuckster

Post by Tuckster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:51 pm

I have added the subscription but when I click on the link you provided, it says I'm not authorized ?? I have downloaded the charts to my ipad and I have downloaded simlink to my desktop. I need to know where to put the simlink file ... or is it stand alone??

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri May 01, 2020 2:56 am

Hi ... (Please sign all your posts by adding your real name in text at the bottom of your posts)

Welcome.

You should have access to those FAQ's now. Basically you run the downloaded Navigraph+Charts.exe which has Charts Desktop and Simlink or navigraph-simlink-win-1.1.6.0427.exe which has just Simlink.

Cheers
Ian

Tuckster

Post by Tuckster » Fri May 01, 2020 8:30 pm

Up and running thank you ... another question ... I fly a general aviation Baron. it has a Garmin 530 and no FMS. Will the FMS download do anything for me ?? or is it just for the airliners with a FMS.
And last question ... I like the way simbrief interfaces with X Plane and navigraph but it seems more designed to airliners ... are there other flight planners that works well with Navigraph ??

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat May 02, 2020 2:06 am

Hi ... (Please sign all your posts by adding your real name in text at the bottom of your posts)

As I understand it the X-Plane 530 does use the updated AIRAC data from your subscription. Best to check out some navdata which has recently changed.

In FMS Data Manager you download using the X-Plane 11 entry.

The list of products with Navigraph FMS Data updates including flight planners is here.

Cheers
Ian

Tuckster

Post by Tuckster » Sat May 02, 2020 4:50 am

I am still getting the message I am not allowed to view the forums. I have questions about my X Plane with the gns 530 and thought I could get some info from that forum. I don't want to keep bugging you. I am a real world pilot but NOT a computer guru. Can I get access to these forums ?? I'm trying to see if the FMS data download will interface with my gns 530. I do not like simbrief. I saw your previous note about other flight planning links that would work with Navigraph but I need instructions on how AND WHERE I need to download the files. I can download anything but I never know where to.

Glenn

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat May 02, 2020 5:50 am

Hi Glenn,

I apologise for limited access to the forums. Hopefully this is now corrected. If not please let me know.

The flight planning products I mentioned with updatable navdata are typically purchased separately (LittleNav map is free), then updated using FMS Data Manager. Please see FAQ - Navdata AIRAC Updates by FMS Data Manager or Manual to determine how this is done.

Happy to help.

Cheers
Ian

Abrahammerlyn3

Post by Abrahammerlyn3 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Helo sir, how to conect the moving map on tablet ?
For now only on my PC, please tell me how to fix it, tank you

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat May 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Welcome.

You run Simlink only the PC which runs FS.

What Operating System is the tablet running?

For Windows 10 tablet , you would run Charts Desktop or Charts Cloud. For Android you would run Charts Android or I believe Charts Cloud.

Cheers
Ian

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”