Data-only pricing increasing 4x?

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

andrewturner

Data-only pricing increasing 4x?

Post by andrewturner » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:11 pm

I just want to make sure I understand the email I just received.

I don't need charts, only data.

Essentially, my understanding is that there will no longer be a data-only subscription, and my 25-euro-per-year data subscription will become "all inclusive" with the charts, and will become 8.30 euros per month, effectively making my data-only subscription 4 times as expensive?

Is this correct?
Last edited by andrewturner on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

preynolds

Re: Data-only pricing increasing 4x?

Post by preynolds » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Andrew,

I've just received the same email and have come to the same conclusion.

I also only require data, but it seems I must pay over 300% more to get things I don't want.

Not very impressed...

simpsonjohnj

Post by simpsonjohnj » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 pm

I just got the same email as well. I'll be canceling my Navigraph subscription when my current prepaid year ends.

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi Andrew,

Yes, you’ve read it correctly. I’ve posted my views in a separate topic. Apparently there are only a small number of us FMS data only people left as everyone else has switched to the Charts service. Given the cost of that I find that an interesting statement.

I will be posting this news on AvSim for discussion but not until I’ve had a reply from Navigraph. This surely has to be one of the most bizarre subscription decisions I’ve ever seen. Forcing people to pay three times as much for data they have no requirement for suggests they don’t know their customer base.
Cheers,
Ray Proudfoot.

PeterBremer

Post by PeterBremer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:43 pm

12 x € 8.30 = € 99.60 excluding VAT !!!!
So including VAT € 120.52

That is more than 4.3 times more expensive.

Peter Bremer.

Bensta

Post by Bensta » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Yeah I received the same email today as well. I find it completely unacceptable how they can do this, increase the price for a service we do not want nor did we choose to subscribe to. Also, if we don't want to subscribe anymore we no longer have any access to FMS Data which is our only desire.

Unacceptable!!!
Ben Hope

olsid69

Post by olsid69 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Also received the same letter. It seems navigraph decided to raise money for something that most users do not use. Strange, why they decided that "almost all have moved on graphs and charts"? I don't need your maps, your charts, your graphs, I just need the FMS database. And these data are needed for 4 products and all. If I need anything else, I'll find it without your diagrams. If you think that imposing an increase of 4 times the cost of your" services " by the client, you are doing something good for them - you are very much mistaken. I'm sure most of your clients will leave you and take their money. I've never seen dumber marketing. Increase 4 times the price of your product and impose a supplement that is not necessary-do you seriously think that this is a good idea? Well, well, go ahead! :shock:

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Did anyone else find the condescending nature of the email annoying? We’re all adults. We’re perfectly capable of deciding which service suits our requirements from the two available. But Navigraph seem to think we’re incapable of making that decision.

Oh, I didn’t realise there was a charts option so thank you very much for switching me to it and then having the barefaced cheek to charge me THREE TIMES what I pay now!!! And to sweeten the bitter pill they’ll give us three months to trial it. As if that’s going to make any difference. :roll:

I’m perfectly capable of making a decision over which subscription is best for me. I fly 100% IFR and have perfectly good flight planning software (PFPX) and a moving map (EFB) so even if the charts were free forever I still wouldn’t use them because I don’t need them.

Their claim that very few of us have the FMS Data subscription simply doesn’t wash. I cannot imagine there are scores of people out there willingly paying close to 100 Euros a year for a charts service however good it is. The price is ridiculous.
Cheers,
Ray Proudfoot.

andrewturner

Post by andrewturner » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:57 pm

As a real-world pilot (recreational), I would assume that many other real-world pilots who use sims have all the charts they need.

Elsmoko

Post by Elsmoko » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 am

Not sure I completely understood / understand the proposed changes; but I'm one of those annual FMS Data subscribers who
don't need the charts and like the annual subscription service "as is". Hope Navigraph will reconsider and / or alter their
plans.
Best to all,
Ken Boardman

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”