Question about FMC Data

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

greg100o

Question about FMC Data

Post by greg100o » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 am

Hello,
I last purchased FMC cycle 1701. I was using only FSX then. Subsequently I purchased P3d V4, and just bought an annual Charts subscription. I now want to upgrade to Ultimate to synch my FMS data and Charts. I understand how to do that.

Before I upgrade I want to make sure it will work. On my FMS Data Manager latest version it captures all my addons including Active Sky for P3dV4, but not PMDG for P3d V4. it shows oddly two entries for PMDG, one PMDG (all products) referencing FSX root directory, and another entry for PMFG (all products) referencing FSX/PMDG directory , but there is no reference to my P3d v4/PMDG folder or P3d V4 at all. Rescanning does not find P3dV4. I do not see why there are two references to FSX one specific to the PMDG folder one specific for the FSX root directory which makes no sense. And how will I get updates for my P3dV4 PMDG products since there is no reference to that folder?

Thanks

Greg Clark

Ian

Re: Question about FMC Data

Post by Ian » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 am

Hi Greg,

You might like to look at the explanation of FMS Data Manager at FAQ - Navdata AIRAC Updates by FMS Data Manager or Manual .

In FMS Data Manager Settings tab, check the P3D v4 (and FSX) path is correct, and Save. Check these remain set between restarts of FMS Data Manager.

In Addon Mappings tab, press Scan, and your P3D V4 (and FSX) addons should be detected. Press Save .

In Addon List tab, select addons and download.

Cheers
Ian

greg100o

Post by greg100o » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello Ian,
This time after I scanned it found all the PMDG addons including the PMDG P3Dv4 add on. maybe because I had rebooted the computer after overnight shutdown.But it insists I have Active SKY XP installed and points to the same directory as Active Sky for P3d V4. But I do not have Active Sky XP. If I remove the Active Sky XP entry with the remove button, and then exit the program and restart it, the Active Sky XP entry repopulates. I suppose I can just ignore Active Sky XP and download the others, but not sure why this is happening.

Thanks,

Greg Clark

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 am

Hi Greg,

If you dont have and haven't had Active Sky XP, it shouldn't be detected. It can be removed.

Maybe when you update to include FMS Data Service you might uninstall/download/reinstall FMS Data Manager from scratch.

Cheers
Ian

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”