Any way to purchase charts for a certain region?

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

amccourt

Any way to purchase charts for a certain region?

Post by amccourt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

First of all, I have your FMS data and it's very good, so cheers for that.

I have been put-off getting the charts subscription due to it's pricing, especially as I only fly in Europe (and occasionally Morocco), so it isn't worth paying for thousands of charts I'll never use. My question is, can I get a cheaper/discounted subscription that contains only European airports? It would be sufficient for me, and you'd be getting business from me that I would otherwise not be giving to you. I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but as you can imagine, it's a big forum to search through!

Another question for if I can purchase an EU subscription, is it possible to have two charts open at the same time (like a STAR and an ILS)?

I hope to hear from you soon, and I thank you in advance.

All the best,
Adam

stephen

Re: Any way to purchase charts for a certain region?

Post by stephen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Adam,

Unfortunately no. See my response here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2621&p=11203#p11203

You can only have one chart open at a time, but we have a pinboard function where you can pin multiple charts and quickly switch/swipe between them.

In fact, all our Charts apps have a demo mode: if you just login using your account you get fully featured apps with access limited to two specific airports, with which you can get a feel for the functionality.

Regards,

Stephen

amccourt

Post by amccourt » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello again,

Thanks for the answer Stephen!

I understand what you mean about difficulties regarding different pricing etc. But beware that Netflix does have different regions, as I'm Irish and I recently visited the US and certain shows were unavailable to me that I'd normally watch, so not the best example :P

Joking aside, it is a disappointment that I can't choose specific charts as I can get much cheaper charts from different sources, but I'd heard that you're services were very good, nevertheless I can't complain as my experience with Navigraph has been positive thus far, and you were very quick to help me out.

Thanks for taking your time to help me out.

Have a good one,
Adam

stephen

Post by stephen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:25 am

Adam,

Thank you for the kind words!

I know Netflix might be restricting content in certain regions, but this wasn't really the point :) I mean that you can't pay less for a subset of the Netflix or Spotify catalog. Even if I only listen to jazz, I can't pay a jazz-only subscription for 1 USD per month, there is only the single all-in-one subscription even though I don't listen to country music. Most systems work like this to simplify everything.

Perhaps you can give it a go for one month and see how you feel.

Regards,

Stephen

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”