Rationalising my Nav data

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

thecanarian

Rationalising my Nav data

Post by thecanarian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:54 am

Hi,
I used to purchase Navigraph charts and FMS data as needed, and have not as yet moved over to the new(?) system. I'm now willing to dip my toes in again as I prefer to have some consistency across a range of add-on FMS's and my flight planner (PFPX). However my navigational gauge of choice now is the GTN 750 which I have shoe horned into a number of my favourite add-ons which is set at AIRAC 1504 and is not available to be upgraded.
Is there a subscription package I can purchase that would allow me to download FMS data, nav data (for PFPX) and charts for AIRAC 1504 so all my systems are singing from the same hymn sheet ... so to speak.
Thanks
Peter

Ian

Re: Rationalising my Nav data

Post by Ian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Peter,

Sorry, only the current AIRAC datasets are available, not past ones.

Cheers
Ian

Pidder

Post by Pidder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:04 am

Sorry for digging out this old thread but my question is the other way round: will it ever be possible to update the Garmin PC Trainer Light database (which is the source of Flight1 and RXP GTN series) with Navigraph Airacs?

Thanks in advance,
Markus

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:11 am

Hi Markus,

Welcome.

You are best to ask the developer or in their forum if the product you want supports upgradeable AIRAC's and if so which format. We have a number of Flight1 formats here .

Cheers
Ian

Pidder

Post by Pidder » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks, Ian.

I think they are using the original Garmin data in the GTN series.
So it might be difficult to update them without buying the original data from Garmin which are for real life use - and very expensive for flightsimmers...

Have a nice sunday,
Markus

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”