Best for Infinite Flight?

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

DadaBull

Best for Infinite Flight?

Post by DadaBull » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:01 am

Hi - I’m looking to start integrating Navigraph into my flight planning for Infinite Flight. Given there is no native FMS functionality on IF planes is it worth getting both the FMS and chart subscriptions or just the latter?

I would generally look to use Navigraph for flight planning and SIDS/STARS in combination with a SimBrief.

Thanks!

stephen

Re: Best for Infinite Flight?

Post by stephen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:08 am

Hi,

For Simbrief and other 3rd party flight planning tools you need the FMS Data part of the subscription, so if you are into that plus using our Charts app for viewing charts and visualizing your route, then you need to Ultimate subscription.

Regards,

Stephen

DadaBull

Post by DadaBull » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:10 am

Thanks! And yeah that was like my next question - if I’m doing flight planning on simbrief then visualising it on Navigraph with the chart overlays for SIDS/STARS ... that needs both I assume? And it’s straightforward how to use them together? Thanks a lot.

Rodeo314

Post by Rodeo314 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 am

You need a navdata subscription so that you can update SimBrief to use the latest data (which will then match the charts).

Not sure how Infinite Flight works so no idea how it will integrate with it though.

Your best bet is probably to get a month of the Ultimate subscription, and if it works for you, then upgrade to the annual to save a few bucks in the long run.
Tim

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”