Getting Started

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

GregFrick

Getting Started

Post by GregFrick » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 am

I'm not even sure if Navigrah provides the products I need. Please let me know if your products appear appropriate for my needs.

I have a flight simulator (U.S.A. FAA Aviation Training Device), running X-Plane software. The databases are no longer current and in need of updating. I've been advised that Navigraph may be able to provide the database files necessary to update my simulator databases (VOR, NDB, airways, etc.), but I've been told your products will not update my airports (runways changes, etc.). Is this correct?

Right now I'm looking at a one time manual download, possibly from your "X-Plane 10.30 (and above) - native", to include files such as earth_nav, earth_fix and earth_awy. Following download, my intent is to drag and drop these files into my software to obtain current navigation data.

Is my understanding of your services correct? If so, I see you offer both FMS and chart data. Do I need FMS data only, Chart data only, or both? Also, do you provide worldwide coverage or can you provide areas of reduced coverage, such as North America?

Thanks,
Greg

Ian

Re: Getting Started

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:00 am

Hi Greg,

I believe Navigraph Data generally does offer what you seek, though there are some issues with ILS alignments.

Rather than take you through the issues, to get you going, for EUR 7.50 / mo (Navigraph Ultimate Monthly) , you can download FMS Data and Charts and try them out thoroughly for a month, as well as see issues and solutions in the forums.

For worldwide coverage please see FmsDataCoverage and ChartsCoverage

Cheers
Ian

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”