Data-only pricing increasing 4x?

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

CFG916

Re: Data-only pricing increasing 4x?

Post by CFG916 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 am

So I get the same mail and I very angry about that. They wrote I'm one of a less people who use data only but I doubt it is right. I'ts just a savage way to sell things they many user already have by other sotware like EFB and so on. I'm under subscription at Navigraph since 2006 and when NavDataPro came along I deside to stay at Navigraph. Now I'm retired, do have a small money and they come this way, want to sell me things I don't need. I think I will have to change over to NavDataPro when my subsription will be end. I'm very angered about this behavior and I feel my self extored, "pay or go" that's the thank you for years of trusty.

I have unsubscribe this morning.

Axel

Rodeo314

Post by Rodeo314 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 am

CFG916 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 am
So I get the same mail and I very angry about that. They wrote I'm one of a less people who use data only but I doubt it is right.
Well, they probably do have the data on their own customers, and just like people keep pointing out users are not stupid, I doubt they necessarily are completely stupid on their end either; even without the negative customer reaction, the changes would likely have lost them the majority of their data-only subscribers anyway (despite the trial of Charts, which might convert only a small portion of the data-only user pool); presumably they did the math and figured losing all their data-only subs was not significant enough to be a problem in the long run. So perhaps the data-only customers are indeed a rather small minority.
Tim

PeterBremer

Post by PeterBremer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:15 am

Rodeo314 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 am
.... So perhaps the data-only customers are indeed a rather small minority.
... and their money is not good enough for Navigraph,
then Navigpagh is not good enough for their money.

Rodeo314

Post by Rodeo314 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:58 pm

PeterBremer wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:15 am
Rodeo314 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:49 am
.... So perhaps the data-only customers are indeed a rather small minority.
... and their money is not good enough for Navigraph,
then Navigpagh is not good enough for their money.
Indeed. But they must have expected the majority of data-only customers would unsubscribe anyway; the real risk is losing existing Ultimate customers due to the bad publicity.
Tim

hralphbuk

Post by hralphbuk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 pm

It is clear that to continue with airacs we have to buy the full package even if we do not want the charts.
So I guess you pay the massive increase or drop out.
Thank you Navigraph for the audacity to try & control my outgoings by dictating my choice. I do not need charts.
Howard

KLM401

Post by KLM401 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:44 pm

I did not getting a mail yet but I was talking to one of my friends who did got the mail. So I am 'expecting'.

People do all have different reasons to choose for one of another service. Because I am in the industry I do have all the good charts legaly on my IPad so I don't want to have the charts from Navigraph at all. Left alone my opinion on those charts when used to have Jeppesen charts. But I do also know that there are people who can hardly pay there hobby and they can just afford a data-only. That is for them as far as they can go and it is just, as all the rest that they already lost, another thing that becomes out of their reach.

Let's hope that this is a wake-up call for Navigraph to honor their data-only subscribers when not perhaps find a software developer who wants to help those people out to a normal price.

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers,
Peter F.
Last edited by KLM401 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

kennethbrattey

Post by kennethbrattey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 pm

So it seems I am not on if the few left to switch to Ultimate. Sounds like FMS users are being forced to pay for the development costs of a service that they don't want. I've been perfectly happy with FMS for years. Now, it's time to switch. I unsubscribed as soon as finished reading the email.

cessna729

Post by cessna729 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:25 pm

KLM401 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:44 pm
I did not getting a mail yet but I was talking to one of my friends who did got the mail. So I am 'expecting'.
Hi KLM401, Navigraph has just posted a copy of the e-mail here.
stephen (cessna729).

maxholt

Post by maxholt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

We are reverting. Please have a look at this post. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8473

Regards

Magnus

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”