Navigraph usage

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

skipper1

Navigraph usage

Post by skipper1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Dear Sir,
I am interested in starting to use the Navigraph maps plus all the accesories to it. However, before purchasing a subscription, could you advise the following.
I mostly use FS9, therefore is it compatible with such an early simulator.
I also have the FSX, however, I find it unreliable compared to FS9, but can use it. The problem with it, sometimes after 3-4 hours of flying it will freeze, the display will turn a shade of gray and will return to normal after about an hour or so. So the question is, Navigraph compatible to FSX. At this stage I am not planing to purchase an other platform.
Yours faithfull,
Miklos Cserny

stephen

Re: Navigraph usage

Post by stephen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Miklos,

The Navigraph Charts system is to a large extent standalone, so you can use them independently of any simulator. One function, the moving maps, is however connected to the simulator, and this doesn't support FS9 but it supports FSX. If you can live without moving maps you can use FS9.

To make full use of the charts you would also need updated navdata in your aircraft FMS. You should check if your addons support updating the navdata. A list of addons we support can be found here: https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

Regards,

Stephen

skipper1

Post by skipper1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Thank you Stephen.
Best regards,
Miklos Cserny

Merrobe

Post by Merrobe » Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi Stephen

I did' see in the software list the following program:

X-Life deluxe from Jar Design. As I use this addon most of the time, I would like to know if it is compatible before buying a subscription.

Thanks

Rob

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”