Navigragh Data Question

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

maajr57

Navigragh Data Question

Post by maajr57 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 pm

I have Prepar3d v4 and an A2A Cessna 172 Trainer with the ability to addon Flight1 430 or 530 or Reality XP 430 or 530 avionics or just use their default GNS 400. I am planning IFR training on my sim and want to make sure P3D flight planner and plane avionics are all working with the same data. I did not see P3D or my A2A Cessna 172 on your list of supported addons. Where does the data get installed? In the addon or the sim or both? What do you recommend for everything to work together off your data and charts with minimum frustration? Thank you in advance.

Ian

Re: Navigragh Data Question

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:03 am

Hi,

Navigraph provides AIRAC updates for the Addons to P3D at Manual Installs. We dont update P3D itself. The data generally is placed in the navdata directories for each addon.

We dont provide AIRAC updates for A2A Cessna 172 Trainer , Flight1 430 or 530 or Reality XP 430 or 530. You would do best to ask the developer of each if they have upgradeable navdata capability.

X-Plane has default AIRAC data which we do update. Some default aircraft have X430/X530 support using this updatable data.

Cheers
Ian

maajr57

Post by maajr57 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 am

I just bought a one month Subscription to try it because I liked your charts with airport maps and IFR Sids and STARS etc. I don't understand how the addon can plan a flight in P3D using data not in P3D. Your FMS Data program wants to know where the flight sim directories are. All but P3D v4. So what I understand from what you told me is that I need an addon plane that uses your data and I can fly IFR in Prepar3d. I do the flight plan in Navigraph Charts then fly the flight without the Navigraph data being installed in the sim. Is that correct?

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 am

Hi ... (Please sign all your posts by adding your real name in text at the bottom of your posts)

Welcome.

Prepar3d has numerous included aircraft some of which could be used for IFR , which use the default Prepar3d scenery and data. This data is not updated by Navigraph. The ILS (Glide slope and Localiser) are provided through the Prepar3d scenery.

You can use the Charts and moving map capability to plan and track your flights. Please see Simlink and Moving Maps - Getting Started Guide

To extend your IFR (and VFR) experiences there are many addon aircraft and flight planners at Manual Installs which have Navigraph updatable navdata.

Cheers
Ian

maajr57

Post by maajr57 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks Ian,

I have already set up the Simlink and like it a alot. I can tune the nav radios to navigate what is essentially VFR. What I want is avionics with the ILS and SIDs and STARs loaded in the avionics so I can fly IFR Procedures as shown on the arrival and departure plates. I don't find data entry to be fun or entertaining or particularly productive.

Thank you for the replies and help.
Mike

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:56 am

Hi Mike,

It sounds like you need to consider one of addon aircraft with FMC/MCDU at Manual Installs .

Cheers
Ian

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”