"a few more cents per month"

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

budlake

"a few more cents per month"

Post by budlake » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:14 am

I have received the latest email that describes the changes in Navigraph's services.
I am greatly concerned by the changes to subscriptions that the email announces.
You tells us that the current annual payment is to be discontinued and you go on to suggest that instead we pay monthly for "a few more cents per month" (your words); that few more cents per month equates to a massive increase of 39.7 Euros per year which is a totally unacceptable 34% increase!
It is bad enough that you are increasing your fees but it is outlandish, disrespectful and utterly contemptible that you try to hide such a massive increase presumably in the hope that we will not notice.
I hope that my reading of the email is wrong in which I will be happy to apologise but if I am not wrong then I shall not be renewing my subscription when it becomes due.
Mike
Mike

stephen

Re: "a few more cents per month"

Post by stephen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:23 am

Mike,

I think there is a misunderstanding here, fortunately. What we are referring to is the "FMS Data 4 cycle" and "FMS Data 30 days" subscriptions will be discontinued. The annual FMS Data (all cycles), Charts and Ultimate subscriptions remain with a small (~10-15%) price increase. We haven't changed the prices in 2 years.

With "a few cents" we refer to the Navigraph Ultimate Monthly which changes from 7.50 to 8.30 Euro/month. Users who normally get the one-off, now discontinued, "FMS data 30 days" for 6.50 should now get the Ultimate Monthly for just one month. Our competition charges 7,56 Euro for one cycle of FMS Data, but with our Ultimate Monthly at 8.30 Euro you not only get access to FMS Data for 30 days, but also get full access to Charts.

You have been a subscriber to Navigraph Ultimate Annual/yearly, which has cost you 64.90 Euro (59.90 Euro renewal) excl VAT. The new price for Navigraph Ultimate Annual is 74.90 Euro (69.90 Euro renewal). The price increase is 10 Euro, not 40 Euro.

Regards,

Stephen

budlake

Post by budlake » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 am

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for your reply.
As the email suggested, lots of subscription options. :)
Mike

daycartes

Post by daycartes » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Stephen,
I'm with Mike on this one. I read it in exactly the same way and came to a similar conclusion. Perhaps if you were to amend the statement you wouldn't be receiving such relies. Good news in that it hasn't gone up by 40%, 10% is bearable but it is still a great deal given that wages have decreased in the last few years, at least in the UK.
It is a great service and I thank you for that,
daycartes

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”