missing airways

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

airvice7

missing airways

Post by airvice7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:06 am

I dont seem to be able to post in the airac data forum despite my numerous purchases.
anyway, the issue is as follows.

im using pfpx and generally tend to update to the latest airac via navigraph however there appear to be numerous missing airways and waypoints.

There appear to me missing airways between dubai and turkey. Real world commercial pilots tell me that because this route is so busy because they cant fly over syria or iraq there are now numerous airways in both directions between turkey and dubai via iran. There is a corridor of airways to accomodate the heavy traffic. This is also apparant if you look at flight radar where aircraft are flying up the gulf then turning east toward iraq to waypoints and airways that dont seem to exist in pfpx.
this has been the case in the real world for some years now im told

thanks

srcooke

Re: missing airways

Post by srcooke » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:52 am

You posted this topic on the PFPX forum also, without having any idea of the route you propose it will be difficult for anyone to comment.

Real world commercial pilots tell me that because this route is so busy because they cant fly over syria or iraq there are now numerous airways in both directions between turkey and dubai via iran

Why not ask the real-world pilots for the route identifiers ?
Regards,

Stephen Cooke

PFPX

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi ...airvice7 (Please sign posts with your real name)

Your user name doesn't show a current subscription, hence not able to post. Please check you are logged in with the same account for which you have a subscription.

As Stephen says, we shall need details of which airway you are having a difficulty with.

Cheers
Ian

airvice7

Post by airvice7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:34 pm

HI

i dont have a currant subscription but i have purchased many individual airacs in the past which i would hope would entitle me to support access and i am logged in with the same account yes, that i have used to purchase those airacs

UL223 is the only airway that is appropriate without a huge deviation for skirting round iraq. According to pilots and flight radar 24 there are now numerous airways paralell to UL223 because of the heavy traffic bottle neck here. These have been added in recent months /years since iraq has been a no fly zone again

thanks
Last edited by airvice7 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stephen

Post by stephen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:56 pm

As Ian says, you need to sign your posts with your name.

As Ian and Stephen say, without any further details from you, we cannot help. Our data is from the real world. You might be using very old data.

You get access to the FMS Data support forum up until 3 months after your FMS Data subscription expires. Your last subscription ended in May. But that's fine, all users can post in the present forum.

Regards,

Stephen

airvice7

Post by airvice7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:08 pm

I would prefer to not use my real name if thats ok due to security and the nature of my job

its not old data thats the issue these additional airways are also not present in the latest airac . but also they have never been present long after they have existed in the real world. unless commercial aircarft are not using airways there but massive off sets.

looking at flight radar right now i can see 2 lines of parallel south bound traffic one route is using UL223 and the other is about 10 miles east on a paralell course. there is a string of commercial heavys on both routes. No such paralell airways exist in the airacs as seen in pfpx

is this an issue with pfpx or with the nav data?
Last edited by airvice7 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srcooke

Post by srcooke » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 pm

these additional airways are also not present in the latest airac

So you know which airways these are?

I have replied on the PFPX forum.
Regards,

Stephen Cooke

PFPX

stephen

Post by stephen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi,

Ok. You could just give yourself a name such as Bob, if it is that sensitive. It's just a courtesy thing in this forum, being able to refer to others by name.

airways.png

If you're referring to airway M317, it is present in AIRAC 1612. I don't have access to PFPX at this moment so I can't check it there.

Regards,

Stephen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airvice7

Post by airvice7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:34 pm

thanks

airvice7

Post by airvice7 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:37 pm

yes those appear to be what im talking about. They have existed in the real world for some time.

thanks for finding the chart

regarding the name, totally understand the reasoning for using names, just didnt wish to mislead anyone by using a fake name.

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”