Navigraph Charts & andriod

This forum answers all questions about products before you decide to become a subscriber.

Moderator: Ian

qf77746

Navigraph Charts & andriod

Post by qf77746 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Hello
I am thinking of buying the Navigraph Charts. would i be able to use the charts with a Android 6.0 16 GB SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet. also i am not a fan of cloud and needing a web connection to use a product. are the charts a one off file down load so i can install the charts a view them on the tablet with out a connection.
thanks for any advice
Tim

stephen

Re: Navigraph Charts & andriod

Post by stephen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Tim,

You can install the app and run it in demo mode if you don't have a subscription. The demo gives access to 3 airport, KSAN, ENAT and ZJSY. If the demo works on your device, the full app will work.

The charts are not a one-off file download. Each airport is a file download, which is cached locally. So, the first time you access an airport it will download, but after that the charts will be read from the local cache until they need to be updated, whereby the airport file needs downloading again.

The app requires online verification on startup so it cannot be run completely offline, but after startup you can access charts from the local cache without network requirement.

Regards,

Stephen

jwenting

Re: Navigraph Charts & andriod

Post by jwenting » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

I can confirm the demo works on the 10.1 Galaxy Tab A6.

Return to “Pre-purchase Questions”