Windows buttons on Charts app won't work with pen on tablet

I have the Charts app running fine on my “Sim PC”, but there appears to be an issue when running it on my MS Surface tablet, which has a touch screen and an MS Pen.

The issue is that the minimise, maximise and close buttons at the top of the Windows window will not work with the pen but will work when i just use my finger. The Simlink app, which i had just installed to make sure its absence wasn’t causing the issue, works fine with the pen, so it would appear that this is not an MS Windows or MS Pen issue.

It’s not a major issue, as I can still use the app, but i thought it worth mentioning, just in case somebody has any suggestions or if it is something in the app itself that needs fixing.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Maybe you could use Charts Cloud in a browser on the tablet?

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian

I’d been using that previously and as the browser works fine on my tablet, I guess I’ll just go back to using the Clouds version instead.

However, as the Charts app is designed to work with MS Windows, wouldn’t it be expected to be fully functional on Windows-based tablets? As I said, the Simlink app appears to work fine with the pen, so it is apparently not impossible.

Thanks again.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It seems Windows on a tablet is not absolutely identical to Windows on a PC as suggested by the issue you have mentioned.

We are developing a new cross platform Charts version from scratch so with luck your issue will be addressed then.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like