MacOS helper tool popup

Haven’t found this posted, after searching. Running MacOS 10.14 “An update is ready to install. Navigraph Charts is trying to add a new helper tool.” can’t get this to go away. I don’t see a navigraph entry in ~/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools.

thanks

Hello Gene! Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you might be dealing with a permission issue. Please open a terminal and type the following:

ls -lah /Applications | grep Navigraph

The output should look something like this:

If in your result, the 3rd column from the left says root instead of your username, please run the following command from the terminal:

sudo chown -R $USER:staff /Applications/Navigraph Charts.app

If, however, this is not the case, please advise and we’ll investigate further!

Regards,
Malte

Malte, thank you. It was owned by root, but I recursively changed the owner to me from the Navigraph Charts directory; here’s the evidence I did, but the popup from Charts is still occurring. Restarted the app, too.
drwxr-xr-x 10 gene wheel 320 Dec 14 17:17 Frameworks
-rw-r–r-- 1 gene wheel 1929 Dec 14 17:17 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x 3 gene wheel 96 Dec 14 17:17 MacOS
-rw-r–r-- 1 gene wheel 8 Dec 14 17:17 PkgInfo
drwxr-xr-x 59 gene wheel 1888 Dec 14 17:17 Resources
drwxr-xr-x 3 gene wheel 96 Dec 14 17:17 _CodeSignature
iMac:Contents gene$

How very curious! Have you tried restarting the computer? It looks like you made the right change, but services might still run with incorrect permissions in the background.

If that does not help, have you tried reinstalling the application? Your flights are saved online and will not be affected by the reinstallation.

Regards,
Malte