LOWI - missing DME indication for OEV after passing RWY 26

Hi,

the initial climbout for RWY26 of LOWI requires to follow RWY track until 1.2 NM DME of OEV (111.10), then make a right turn onto track 272 before making an extended left turn at 3.3 NM DME.

See sheet 10-3A for further details.

This procedure is also commonly used as balked landing procedure in LOWI, even in IMC, by multiple operators IRL.

While default MSFS data allows to fly this procedure raw-data, there is no indication at all for OEV after passing the end of RWY 26, especially no DME indication, with Navigraph installed.

Please kindly have a look into this.

Thanks!

Hi,
thanks for the report - to be sure, that I understood you correctly:

You can confirm, that the OEV DME is available after passing the RW26 when the stock data will be used?

The strange thing is that exactly this is a limitation in the MSFS and is reported also with the stock data (DME stops reading after the ILS or backcourse ILS).

So, you can confirm that this is working with the MSFS stock data?

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply. Just tested it again with navigraph navdata AIRAC 2302 Rev 1 being installed as “Simulator Base Package” in Navigraph Navdata Center - again: When taking off from RWY 26 in LOWI, the indication is there and rising until approx 0.5 NM DME, thereafter there is no more indication.

After removing the navigraph navdata, everything works as expected.

My community folder is empty, if that helps.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Bernhard

Hallo Bernhard,
danke - I can confirm this behavior … no idea at the moment, but I will try to fix it … strange issue, but we will find the solution :slight_smile:

I will let this topic open, till it´s fixed … keep you informed when it´s done …

Cheers,
Richard

Bernhard - the reason why it´s different is because this ILS-DME is designed as “backcourse” DME in the MSFS stock data, but that´s wrong. This DME (OEV) isn´t a backcourse ILS-DME and it makes also no sense to set it … there is no reference in any approach to the OEV after passing runway 26.

Here our data:

… and here the same from the MSFS stock data (which are wrong):

We have set the backcourse-flag correctly and therefore the DME will not be readable any longer after the takeoff from 26. So, the data are correct so far but the stock data are wrong because it´s not a backcourse ILS-DME approach (no approach into LOWI :-))

Please report this to ASOBO that this is a wrong implementation.

Thank you,
Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you very much for the insight and the information!

To be honest, I don’t know whether OEV gives some sort of backcourse guidance, I have never looked at this IRL - I will try to think of looking into this the next time I get to LOWI. :wink:

However, the issue to be resolved is that there are published procedures requiring the DME from OEV, namely almost any of the departure procedures RWY 26 take you to 1.2 DME on RWY track, then track 272 to 3.3 NM DME, etc. Just have a look at sheet 10-3A - those are published procedures which currently cannot be flown with navigraph data. IRL, there definitely is a DME indication of OEV on the “backside”, otherwise flying those procedures would not be possible.

As stated before, many operators (including the one I am flying for) use the aforementioned initial climbout procedure as balked landing procedure also in IMC. Since I’d like to prepare for my OPC I am somewhat interested in those procedures working correctly. :wink:

Would it be possible to separate the DME from the localizer, i.e. making a separate DME station with the same identifier and frequency but with separate flags?

Thank you very much!

All the best
Bernhard

That´s exactly what is currently under testing due the MSFS limitation. I will try the same with the test-branch and will report the result back. Thank you!

Cheers,
Richard

Hi again Bernhard,
no, that doesn´t help … the sim crashed when you have two equal navaids - we have just tested this scenario buuuuut we have another idea, which could be fix this issue … please give us a few hours to develop this idea and I will come back to you here :wink:

I´m pretty sure, that this can help
Richard

Servus Bernhard,
I have fixed the DME issue now … revision 4 is uploaded and ready. It should work now as expected …

Attached a screenshot out of LOWI 26, OEV 111.10 set on NAV1

Thanks for your hint to this issue!

Schönen Sonntag,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.