Creating new airframe questions

In general, I understand how to create a new airframe by essentially plugging in new values by using a base type airframe as a starting point. I have three questions:

1. How do I know which radio/nav and transponder equipment codes to use? Where can I find them? Or can I simply use the existing values from the base type?

2. Is a PBN value required? It would be different for each type of aircraft, wouldn’t it? Where and how do I get this value?

3. When completed and saving it, will it have a new identifier and base type? Would it be automatically published or is that determined by a different party?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You can normally keep the same base equipment without any issue. But if you want to be 100% realistic, you could search for real world flight plans on https://edi-gla.co.uk . Using their search tool, enter the ICAO code for the aircraft type you’re creating and it should bring up a list of real world flight plans. Open one and the equipment string, transponder, PBN value should all be listed there.

After you save a custom airframe, it will be available for use near the top of the “Aircraft” dropdown list when creating/editing a flight. Airframes you create are limited to your account and aren’t typically visible to other users, however you can use the “Share” link near the bottom of the airframe options if you want to share it with another user.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Actually, now I have additional questions if you’ll indulge me?

I’m now able to save the new airframe I created for a new plane. I used the Citation C510 Mustang as the base type since the new plane is also a very light jet.

Now, however, I’d like to edit the default advanced aircraft options shown on the new flight page of the dispatch section to match that of actual numbers of the new plane in real life. How do I go about doing that?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.